[TriLUG] ssh questions

Mike M linux-support at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 9 02:41:14 EST 2003

I removed the contents of ~/.ssh2 in my client account and found that could
login in to a remote machine with just the account password.

Is this password authentication instead of public key authentication?  Do I
change /etc/ssh2/sshd2_config on the ssh2 server to force public key
authentication only?

I tried to bring my SSH2 generated private key (id_dsa_1024_a) to an OpenSSH
client.  I put the contents into ~/.ssh/id_dsa.  When I tried to login to a
remote account I was repeatedly prompted for the passphrase for key in
~/.ssh/id_dsa.  Am I trying to do a bogus operation?

Thanks,
--
Mike M.