[TriLUG] Win4Lin(was linuux mouse kvm problems)

Lisa C. Boyd lisab at trilug.org
Fri Jan 10 13:56:36 EST 2003

Michael Thompson wrote:
> I have run Photoshop and Dreamweaver/Fireworks/Flash MX with Vmware with
> no apparent problems, but my trial period is over and Vmware is just a
> little too pricey for my budget right now...  but it was *very* nice to
> be able to run my Windoze apps on my Linux desktop.  I have yet to get
> the Win4Lin demo to work with RH8.0...

That's good to know! I haven't looked at Vmware yet but if it's too
pricey for you then it's probably way too pricey for me - especially
since I'm lucky enough to have two computers here. Although I guess if
it's cheaper than what I could get for one of my computers...the wheels
start turning :)

Thanks for the input on the Mac/Adobe/Macromedia stuff too. I have had
some troubles with Adobe programs on my Windows machine but I think it
was more of I was trying to do too much at one time for my computer :)

Then there's the dream of video editing ... but alas, have other things
I need to learn first :)

Lisa B.