[TriLUG] Im stumped by SSH

Mike M linux-support at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 13 15:14:56 EST 2003

On Monday 13 January 2003 13:15, Ryan Leathers wrote:
<snip>
> At this point I expected to be able to ssh in without having to type a
> password... but it still prompts me for one.

Investigate the "trusted machine" mode of authorization.  When you are
managing key pairs are describing public key authorization.  To automate
entry in that mode, you can use:

# ssh-agent $SHELL
# ssh-add /*then provide password, then run scripts; not so good for  cron
jobs */

Here's a link to a link on more SSH and automation thoughts.

I have SSH TDG in my library.  If you are interested in trusted machine mode
I will scan contents and email to you.

--
Mike M.