[TriLUG] Setting up roots email address?

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Mon Jan 13 15:44:51 EST 2003

On Monday 13 January 2003 03:21 pm, bp wrote:
> I started running Postfix at home and would like to know how you
> associate a email address with root or another system user.

Edit /etc/postfix/aliases and change this part, to point your email:

(..)
# Person who should get root's mail.  This alias
# must exist.
# CHANGE THIS LINE to an account of a HUMAN
root:           sinner
(...)

Of course, modify this so the mail gets to you, not to me :)

Salut,
Sinner
--
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/     Linux User # 89976
Running on Mandrake Linux 9.0 - Kernel  2.4.19smp  Linux Machine # 38068