[TriLUG] Linux VPNs

Michael Thompson thompson at easternrad.com
Tue Jan 14 09:56:09 EST 2003

Webmin has a module for configuring FreeS/WAN, I'm not sure it works, of
the two machines I am trying to connect, one has ports 8000 and below
blocked by the ISP.  This has complicated my setup and has kept me from
successfully completing my connection...  If anyone has a workaround I
would love to hear it!  I tried using iptables to redirect the ports
before leaving machine1 and fixing them at machine2 but I think I may
have missed some important ports, or the authentication does not like
the changed packets, or it was just too late (or early, for that matter)
and my brain was mush!

If anyone has any ideas, I may re-visit this configuration...

Thanks!

--mwt