[TriLUG] Re: reboot experience

Ben Pitzer uncleben at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 15 21:36:48 EST 2003

The current Debian Woody (stable) install does ask if you want to use ext2
or ext3 file systems during the install process.  I did that while
installing on a Ultra1 I have at work, and the ext3 file systems have been
fine thus far.  Of course, I also haven't had any crashes or hangs as yet,
which is pretty much par for the course in Debian's stable distro.  (I am
interested to know which Debian distro Mike is using that hung on him)  My
Debian Woody system at home is extremely stable, and only has an uptime
under 100 days thanks to the power outage (and if I'd have had enough
battery to keep it running for 30 hours, it would still be up).

Regards,
Ben Pitzer

"Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
 --Ben Franklin--