[TriLUG] installing RH via the network

gregbrown at mindspring.com gregbrown at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 16 07:17:05 EST 2003

Hey all.  My new (old, really) laptop which I want to install RH on had a dead
CDROM.  So I've got to install via the network.  Luckily it has a floppy drive
which does work so I can boot from there.  I'd like to do the install locally
on my network instead of over the Internet.

Is there a process or proceedure which someone has written up on how to take
the install CDs, place them on a server, then install to a machine over the
network?  I figure someone must have done this before.  I tried this once a
long time ago and it didn't work.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Greg