[TriLUG] Where's the RHN System ID Kept?

Michael Thompson thompson at easternrad.com
Fri Jan 17 07:58:17 EST 2003

Not sure if this will help but here goes, I had a similar problem a few
weeks ago and ended up renaming my /etc/sysconfig/rpm/systemid to
systemid.bak.  The next time I ran up2date it prompted me to register
again as if it were a new install so I was able to start over.  I would
imagine that this would be a last ditch effort, but it helped me.

About apt4rpm:  I also prefer apt but it does not seem to get the
updates as quickly (new update availability, not download time!) as the
up2date package.  I usually use apt for installing (new) and removing
packages and up2date to retrieve security updates quickly.  If you use
this method be sure (I *think*) to run up2date -p to update the package
list on the up2date server with packages installed outside of the
up2date process to ensure you get all of the updates.  (If this is not
correct, someone please let me know!)

<duh>I didn't realize that TriLUG had an up2date AND apt mirror!</duh>
Should have read the ENTIRE faq I guess!

HTH!

--mike