[TriLUG] anti-virus mail gateway

Glenn Meyer me at glennmeyer.com
Fri Jan 17 15:45:56 EST 2003

This looked like something I really wanted to implement so I started
digging a little.  I have installed MailScanner 4.11-1 and Clam 0.54 on
Red Hat 7.1 with Sendmail.

The install went very smoothly and the instructions are very good (Hey,
I was able to follow them and I'm fairly newbie still).

The only issue I have run into is that when I modify the
/etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf file from:
Virus Scanners = none
To:
Virus Scanners = clamav
The mail all builds up in /var/spool/mqueue.in and never clears.  If I
change it back to none, it flows normally.

Clam seems to be working fine when I run a manual scan (haven't figured
out how to tell if it is scanning other times or not).

Can anyone give me a few pointers please?

Thank you for pointing me to this product too.  I especially want to try
to work with the "Offensive" filtering capabilities to protect the kids.