[TriLUG] upgrading the RH kernel

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 18 19:20:05 EST 2003

Hey all.  I've rebuilt my RH 7.1 system here at the house so I started
busily downloading the updated RPMs from redates.redhat.com.  The last
thing I attempted to do was --freshen my kernel and I've hit a brick
wall.  I solved all the dependancies except for one.

Kernel-2-4-18* requires that I upgrade mkinitrd from 3.0.10-1 to
3.2.6*.  I downloaded that RPM, no problem and tried to --freshen it.
I get back that the system wants me to upgrade filesystem-2.0.7-1 to
2.1.0.

The problem here is there isn't an updated filesystem* on the
updates.redhat.com to be found so I can't satisfy this dependancy.

Does anyone know were I can download an updated version of this?

Thanks!

Greg