[TriLUG] upgrading the RH kernel

Frank Hale frankhale at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 18 20:31:13 EST 2003

> The last
> thing I attempted to do was --freshen my kernel and
> I've hit a brick
> wall.  I solved all the dependancies except for one.

I used Redhat for years and the first thing I always
did when I installed was to get rid of the kernel rpms
and install a fresh kernel from source. This ensured
me that I'd have a nice easy time upgrading from
kernel to kernel. It was just my personal preference.
I hate kernel rpms with a passion.

Needless to say I don't mess with RH anymore, I moved
on to Crux.

=====
code: http://sapphire.sf.net , http://aewmpp.sunsite.dk