[TriLUG] OT: Local Masters programs...

Chris Bullock cgbullock at cox.net
Sun Jan 19 22:09:16 EST 2003

I just started the masters program (Digital
Communications) at ECU this semester, there are 3 maybe 4
concentrations in the program.  "www.sit.ecu.edu". It is
very much windows based, they want CCNA's but I am not and
I am in the non-degree aspect of the curriculum now, they
offer a non-degree certification in which I have talked to
people in the department and instead of paying graduate
cost I will pay "continuing education" fees until I have
to pay graduate costs at that point they should just let
me in without having to take the GRE or GMAT,  I know you
specified local but all of these courses are online,
Currently we have people in Cali taking the courses.  This
may not be for you if you are a die hard linux user
because this program stresses Windows and windows based
software.  That is my $.02, you can form your own opinion.
Do not let the prerequisits scare you, If you notice they
want people with broadband Internet NOT behind a firewall.

my $.02
--chris
http://saltwaterfreak.kicks-ass.net:81

> From: "Scott Stancil" <sstancil at geekrooms.com>
> Date: 2003/01/19 Sun PM 09:47:09 EST
> To: <trilug at trilug.org>
> Subject: [TriLUG] OT: Local Masters programs...
>

> In October, I gave one of the online programs,
University of Phoenix
> Online a try.  After three months, two completed
classes, and reading the
> course module (detailed description of the course short
of the actual
> syllabus), the course is simply not challenging.  There
are other issues
> with their MSCIS program, but I won't get into those as
some of you may
> just not believe me. :)
>
> So, I would greatly appreciate feedback on the CS
departments of local
> schools.  UNC and NCSU both have attractive programs.  I
am looking for
> programs in CS, CIS, or Networking.  I am also looking
for the good, the