[TriLUG] OT: Local Masters programs...

Maria C Winslow maria.winslow at windows-linux.com
Mon Jan 20 14:08:08 EST 2003

I went to UNC in CS. It's a great school, but you should keep in mind that
they are perhaps the most theoretical of the local schools. They are also
much more interested in PhD candidates than they are in people who just want
a masters. They are also very heavy into graphics, augmented reality, etc.,
which may not be what you are looking for (and hard to get a job in). The
good news is that there is (or at least was when I was there) barely a
Windows machine in the whole place. Unix workstations as far as the eye can
see, plus a scattering of Macs.

Maria