[TriLUG] Apt-get for Red Hat and Mandrake problems with it?? from Lockergnome's PenguinShell

Michael Thompson thompson at easternrad.com
Tue Jan 21 11:06:21 EST 2003

I totally agree!  I've been using apt-get for RH8.0 and 7.3 for a little
while now and it is very nice!  I had never heard of synaptic before but
5 minutes after reading your post I was checking it out (after a quick
'apt-get install synaptic').  VERY nice!  This will definitely make
things much easier without using apt-cache and grepping for packages
that I'm looking for (which I thought was pretty nice at the time!)  I
would recommend this to anyone, especially a newbie who is having
troubles with rpm management....

Just my $.02

--mike