[TriLUG] VMware question

Greg Brown gregbrown at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 23 13:25:11 EST 2003

Hey all.  My question is does anyone use VMware to create a vitual Win2k
machine running under Linux (in my case RH 8.0)?  I know this is what the
software is supposed to do, but does anyone actually use it?

That question aside, my other related question is what happens when/if Win2k
gets hit by some kind of bomb while running under Linux via VMware?
Hopefully just the directory where Win2k is located gets trashed, right?  I
imagine this to be the case and I hope that when running under VMware the
"virtual" Win2k thinks that the it's disk is just what is contained in the
Linux directory where it is installed.

Greg