[TriLUG] VMware question

Ryan Leathers Ryan.Leathers at globalknowledge.com
Fri Jan 24 10:32:50 EST 2003

Right - x86 only

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom 'spot' Callaway [mailto:tcallawa at redhat.com]
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2003 10:19 AM
To: trilug at trilug.org
Subject: Re: [TriLUG] VMware question

On Thu, 2003-01-23 at 22:52, Kevin Flanagan wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-01-23 at 20:37, David R. Matusiak wrote:
> > thanks, Kevin!  most of what i found on the site indicated support
for
> > Intel platforms (mostly for X86).  is there vmware for SPARC and
other
> > architectures?
>
> I thought that I saw SPARC based stuff, but their web site doesn't
look
> like they have anything in that space now.

<awakens>

I don't think VMware has anything for SPARC, definitely not Linux/SPARC,
maybe Solaris.

OT: I'd love to see a SPARC emulator for x86. :)

~spot
---
Tom "spot" Callaway <tcallawa(a)redhat*com> (SAIR LCA, RHCE)
GPG: D786 8B22 D9DB 1F8B 4AB7  448E 3C5E 99AD 9305 4260
Red Hat Sales Engineer :: http://www.redhat.com
Aurora SPARC Linux Project Leader :: http://www.auroralinux.org

The words and opinions reflected in this message do not necessarily
reflect those of my employer, Red Hat, or my project, Aurora
SPARC Linux and belong solely to me.

Save Firefly! :: http://www.fireflysupport.com/ :: Keep Flying!