[TriLUG] [Fwd: [IP] Open Source TCPA driver and white papers]

Mike M linux-support at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 24 10:33:44 EST 2003

On Friday 24 January 2003 08:32, Joey O'Doherty wrote:

TCPA worries me.  Registering your compter uniquely to authorities and large
mutli-national companies is as appealing as registering all your guns with
these same organizations.  It might be time to form the National Computer
Association (NCA) to act in defense of rights to privacy.  High-profile
attractive spokespersons are needed to get the message out.  I appears that
computers are more powerful than guns and that a citizens right to own and
bear computers is at risk.

One thing is sure to happen.  The issues will be kept as technical as
possible and thereby ensure the apathy of Joe Sixpack and the NIghtly News
unti lit is too late.  Same strategy as DRM.

--
Mike M.