[TriLUG] Problems with /etc/mtab

Janyne Kizer janyne_kizer at ncsu.edu
Fri Jan 24 15:02:14 EST 2003

Actually, according to /etc/mtab, the floppy *is* mounted twice.

/dev/fd0 /floppy vfat rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,user=userid1 0 0
/dev/fd0 /floppy vfat rw,noexec,nosuid,nodev,user=userid2 0 0

You can't umount either of the sessions because it doesn't know what to
do (umount: it seems /floppy is mounted multiple times).  This weekend
the server will reboot and I imagine that will resolve the problem but I
would like to know what caused this problem to happen in the first place
so that we can (hopefully) prevent this situatio nfrom occuring in the
future.