[TriLUG] telocity->directvdsl->bellsouth

Andrew Perrin clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Sat Jan 25 16:45:34 EST 2003

I switched from telocity/directvdsl to Earthlink Cable (through TWC) about
a month before the collapse. I did it for the cost (about $10/month less
than DSL), the Delta miles (5K startup plus 100/month) and the speed,
which has been somewhat faster than telocity. I have no real complaints,
and certainly there's been no port blocking or TWC spies. And although
they don't officially support it, Earthlink knows and doesn't complain
about my running linux and having several machines behind it using NAT.

ap

clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu