[TriLUG] Samba in Mandrake

Chris Bullock cgbullock at cox.net
Sun Jan 26 19:57:48 EST 2003

service smb start
or service network restart
If you are running the gui go to mandrake control
center--> services--> choose what ever service you want to
start and then use the checkbox, this is also a graphical
chkconfig, lets you see all the services running stopped
and if they start at boot or not.

--hope that helps
--cgb

> From: "JoJo Almario" <jalmario at intrah.org>
> Date: 2003/01/25 Sat PM 04:57:35 EST
> To: <trilug at trilug.org>
> Subject: [TriLUG] Samba in Mandrake
>
> Im trying out Madrake 8.2 for the first time.  I like it
so far.  It seems
> to have come stock with Samba.  Im use to using Redhat
distro's of Linux so
> I edited the smb.conf then I tried to start it using
/etc/rc.d/init.d/smb
> start.  Didn't work.  Then I tried to do a chkconfig
--add smb, but it
> didn't recognize the service.
>
> Is there a different way it is done in Mandrake to start
the smb and nmb