[TriLUG] OT: intelligent power supplies

Brian Daniels bitmage at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 26 23:11:20 EST 2003

I do it with an x10.com "Firecracker" interface.  It's a little serial
dongle that sends x10 signals to a wall-mounted receiver.  The receiver has
a switchable outlet, and can send signals to other x10 modules.

Under Linux you can control it with a software package known as
bottlerocket.  http://mlug.missouri.edu/~tymm/

I use it with a script that power-cycles my adsl modem if I lose my net
connection for too long.

--Brian