[TriLUG] free (or very cheap) nonprofit web hosting?

Mike M linux-support at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 28 12:20:42 EST 2003

On Tuesday 28 January 2003 11:08, Tarus Balog wrote:
> Mike M said:
> >> The most amazing deal I know of is at serverbeach.com. You get a
> >> dedicated Linux server, 60GB of disk, 400GB of bandwidth for
> >> $99/month.
> >
> > What do you think about a co-lo
> > (http://www.inforelay.com/colocation.html) of  $29/month?
>
> Not bad, except you are limited to 1 GB a month at $29. Even at $99 it's
> 10 GB. My open-source project runs 75 GB a month. Plus, you are also
> bandwidth limited to 128K. On second thought, not very good. (grin)
>
> -T

They offer full T1 and 25 GB per month for $99.   I was thinking that for
$29/month it's a nice way to get experience running a co-lo operation.  I've
been checking these guys for months now and their website is still up, so
that's a good sign.  I think you've got to think of your co-lo'd box as a
possible lost investment in the event of the co-lo going out of business.
But if they are still around by now, they must be a fairly well-run operation.

--
Mike M.