[TriLUG] telocity->directvdsl->bellsouth

Sebastian Reher sreher at computer.org
Wed Jan 29 10:20:31 EST 2003

Hello,
I must be the only one who went to Bellsouth.  If I had known that you could
get the earthling cable without cable TV  - I might have chosen that. I am
paying $35 for the first 6 months and then $ 50 or $55 for the next six and
probably some taxes.
The dynamic address changed after about two weeks.  I have not seen any port
locking.  My unimportant web site is just for training and my resume, once I
start applying again. I got the site and mail server working using
Zoneedit's free dns servers. Next I am planning to implement dynamic DNS to
see how that will work. The Westell modem from bell south lets you configure
NAT and port forwarding. I am not sure at the moment how the dynamic DNS
software or script will determine the changing of the IP address on the
outside of the modem.

Bellsouth only supports Windows ...which I used for the initial setup. But
after that Linux or FreeBSD is fine.

Sebastian Reher | NETWORKS |  UNIX  | WINDOWS
919-465-0125 * sreher at computer.org * www.reherinc.com/resume.htm