[TriLUG] Pre-installation on Sun Ultra 2

Geoff Purdy geoff.purdy at verizon.net
Wed Jan 29 10:45:42 EST 2003

> From: "Reginald Reed" <reginald at cisco.com>
> Date: 2003/01/29 Wed AM 10:35:28 EST
> To: <trilug at trilug.org>
> Subject: RE: Re: [TriLUG] Pre-installation on Sun Ultra 2
>
> When you had a Sun keyboard attached, did the machine beep (kind of a
> long beep)?  Did the lights on the keyboard flash at all?

I remember that there was a beep when I unplugged and
re-plugged the keyboard in.  I took that as a good sign.

Don't remember about flashing lights on the keyboard.  I'll
have to check on that.

> If neither of these things happened, I'd check to make sure the CPU,
> memory and any socketed chips are well seated.

I re-seated the CPU (it's dual capable but only 1 installed)
and all of the memory a couple of times.  I didn't mess with
the video card but I guess I could try to re-seat that too.