[TriLUG] up2date

Douglas Kojetin djkojeti at unity.ncsu.edu
Thu Jan 30 10:18:56 EST 2003

Hello All-

Is there a way to get up2date to *only* download the RPMs to be installed
and not install them?  Then check to make sure the RPMs are not corrupt, and
install manually or by running up2date again?

I've been having a problem where I install RedHat 8.0, run up2date, it
downloads packages, then after the install process starts, it finds a
corrupt package, the computer locks up, and when I restart it says I have
corrupt inodes and to run fsck -- then it goes bonkers.

Thanks,
Doug