[TriLUG] POSTFIX: How to fix source seen as localhost.localdomain

bp bpevans at bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 30 11:32:45 EST 2003

In main.cf, I've set the following options:
  myhostname = itchy.kicks-ass.org
  mydomain = itchy.kicks-ass.org
  myorigin = itchy.kicks-ass.org
In /etc/hosts
   localhost.localdomain is a middle alias, the first is my full domain
name.
/etc/sysconfig/network has no refs to localhost

Mail sends just fine, and I recieve mail from the outside just fine.
But some savvy mail servers like cox.net & unc.edu deny messages because
they appear from root at localhost.localdomain and of course
localhost.localdomain doesn't exist as their error message claims.   Any
mail cmd messages or mail genereated from Postnuke behaves like this.
Where do I fix it so that messages are written from
root at itchy.kicks-ass.org?

Thanks again,
Barry
- Google had me chasing my tail....