[TriLUG] PIX 501 questions

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Fri Jan 31 01:00:05 EST 2003

+1

the pix 501 is a toy, i've installed a couple and neither installed easily.
plus it uses a bizarre web-based admin that was very problematic.  it locked
up frequently and bouncing it would screw up the config.  do like the
humungous said and "just walk away".

the 506, 515, and other pix's are a lot more robust but a nightmare to
configure unless you knew IOS really well.  trying to configure a pix from
scratch using IOS makes iptables and freeswan look easy.

jason