[TriLUG] up2date

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Sun Feb 2 05:48:48 EST 2003

On Thursday 30 January 2003 06:17 pm, Douglas Kojetin wrote:

> The computer is locking up -- flashing lights on the keyboard and all.

I had the same problem when burning CDs.

> The only think I can think of that I have not tried is out of GNOME/KDE.

Try that.  My machine almost always locked when burning CDs using X-cdroast or
burning from the command line when running KDE.  If I logged into the
console, did *not* startx, and burned the CDs at the command line, the burn
always completed successfully.

Perhaps it's related to some odd XFree86 video driver problem.  Anyway, I'd
definitely recommend trying it at a console without starting up X.

---Tom