[TriLUG] Topic for Eric Raymond's talk, Monday February 10th ?

Jeff Jackowski jeffj1 at hiwaay.net
Sun Feb 2 18:41:01 EST 2003

On 1 Feb 2003, Tanner Lovelace wrote:

>On Sat, 2003-02-01 at 11:41, Jeff Jackowski wrote:
>> That isn't a problem. If Chris Hedemark edits all the video together and
>> can put the video in a format I can use, I can still put the result on
>> DVD. If he doesn't edit it because Stallman and Perens aren't there, I can
>> take your miniDV tape (as long as it isn't made by Sony) and load it onto
>> my computer for editing along with what I record. I've got Cinelerra for
>> editing (http://www.heroinewarrior.com/cinelerra.php3).
>
>Actually, I think Chris was kidding.  Last I heard, he wasn't
>going to be able to come back down from where he moved in Philly
>for this meeting (kind of ironic, since ESR is from the greater
>Philly area).  Chris, is this the case?  If you can come down,
>it would be great, but I'm not expecting miracles.

I haven't been paying enough attention to have a good idea of who is who.
Sorry.

In any case, lets not let Chris's absence prevent us from recording the
event. But we should respect ESR's wish to not be recorded, should he have
such a wish. I couldn't tell from his web site. Someone should ask ahead
of the meeting. I'd rather not have anything do with with recording the
event otherwise.

--
Jeff Jackowski
        http://ro.com/~jeffj/