[TriLUG] Topic for Eric Raymond's talk, Monday February 10th ?

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Sun Feb 2 20:36:30 EST 2003

On Sunday, February 2, 2003, at 06:41 PM, Jeff Jackowski wrote:

> In any case, lets not let Chris's absence prevent us from recording the
> event. But we should respect ESR's wish to not be recorded, should he
> have
> such a wish. I couldn't tell from his web site. Someone should ask
> ahead
> of the meeting. I'd rather not have anything do with with recording the
> event otherwise.

I'm living out of town, but like I said, get those three guys on stage
at the same time and I'd find a way to be there, camera in hand.

If you end up doing two or more cameras, I'm probably going to be
upgrading my editing software soon to be able to gracefully handle
that.  If I get the upgrade, it would be worthwhile to send the raw
footage from all the MiniDV cameras up to me to have edited together.
If you only do one camera, or I don't get the upgrade soon, anyone down
there with an OS X box has all the stuff needed to do a simple edit.

If I do end up doing the editing, the easiest thing to do is snail mail
me the raw tapes and I would snail mail a finished MiniDV tape to
whomever is mastering the DVD.  That way it stays 100% digital from
start to finish.