[TriLUG] printing a .ps file

Joseph Tate jtate at dragonstrider.com
Mon Feb 3 12:08:53 EST 2003

Whatever you need to do to get it into the printer cue.  If for example
it was a lpr system, I would just cat something.ps | lpr or simply lpr
something.ps.  LaserJets are postscript printers so you don't need to go
through any application to print postcript files.  You may even be able
to "cat somethin.ps > /dev/lpt1" or wherever your printer is connected.
 I don't have experience with cups though, but it should be simple.