[TriLUG] up2date

Douglas Kojetin djkojeti at unity.ncsu.edu
Mon Feb 3 12:17:44 EST 2003

Hi Roy-

Thanks for the response.  Here are some specs:

mobo: MSI K7D Master
video: MSI (nvidia) geforce2 mx400
cpu: 2x AMD 1800MP
hd's: 2x 80GB Western Digital (don't know the specific part number off hand)

no particular addon Hard drive controller.  i have not tried to build my own
kernel -- i was just using/downloading the default kernels (including the
SMP versions) from RedHat using up2date.

i have not run 'up2date -nox -p' to verify, nor have i removed/replaced
up2date.  after a fresh install, i literally boot, login as root (maybe a
no-no?), and run up2date (takes me through the registration process first
though).  after i run update, it downloads current packages to be upgraded,
starts the install, freezes, and there go the problems.

any advice?  might the hardware cause these issues?

thanks for your input-
Doug