[TriLUG] Handling HTML mail

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Tue Feb 4 12:54:47 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 12:42, Chris Hedemark wrote:
> Note that whenever the TriLUG lists are migrated to Mailman 2.1, there is
> an option in the list server to strip MIME attachments which will not only
> clobber HTML but other stuff that might be more controversial, such as PGP
> signatures that are attached instead of being included in plain text (I'm
> sure there are opinions on both sides of the fence there)

We were just discussing this on the #trilug IRC channel.  We actually do
have this option available in our mailman 2.0 installation, due to a
patch that was added.  However, it's turned off due to the PGP signature
problem (and I think it would also strip "legit" attachments like the
Perl script John sent).

It would be nice if this option could be adjusted on a per-subscription
basis, instead of global for the whole list.  That way people who
despise HTML email like me could turn it on, but it wouldn't hurt
others.  Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be a possibility in either
2.0.13 *or* 2.1.  Oh well.

--Jeremy