[TriLUG] Red Hat's 12 month policy

Andrew Phillips andrew at aphillips.org
Tue Feb 4 18:00:56 EST 2003

I agree with Redhat's choice completely from a company standpoint, if
they spend time supporting old OSes it takes away time from supporting
the current set. Microsoft does this, but on a larger time table, but
then again the releases are further apart. Money is a good thing (tm).

When you say "In Production environments" I think is where Redhat is
looking at you not using the customer OS and going with Advanced Server.

Thats my 20 second response ;)

-Andrew

On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 18:01, Greg wrote:
> Hey all.  I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on Red Hat's new
12
> months of support policy for on customer OSes (i.e. not RH Advanced
> Server installations).
>
> As far as I can tell the end of Errata support for RH 8.0, 7.3, 7.2,
and
> 7.1 is December 13, 2003.  EOL support for 7.0 and 6.2 seems to be
March