[TriLUG] Red Hat's 12 month policy

Mike M linux-support at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 5 12:50:15 EST 2003

On Wednesday 05 February 2003 11:21, Greg wrote:

> But a production Oracle server with scads of processors, RAM, etc
> is a lot different than a 'production SOHO server' running sendmail,
> apache, sshd, iptables, and a couple other goodies.

Yep.  They differntiate themselves by potential revenue.

> I just hope RH doesn't forget the "little users" of the world who really
> can't justify running RH Adv. Server.

Define "forget".  Does that mean they shouldn't change the client class they
are trying to service?  I am happy that RH is trying on pinstriped suits.  I
don't see how RH can service enterprise and SOHO simultaneously.

--
Mike M.
Debian User (little guy, stingy, DIY, international)