[TriLUG] Music, Musicians and the Penguin

Benjamin Reed ranger at befunk.com
Wed Feb 5 16:59:40 EST 2003

On Wednesday, February 5, 2003, at 05:49 PM, Lee Fickenscher wrote:

> Not trying to start a flame war, just wanting to make a statement:
>
> If we had all "just stay with a standard", where would Linux be today?

While we're on the subject, in keeping with the vein of "put your money
where your mouth is," I'd like to point to my code bounty.  I'm not
code-fu enough to write a tracker, but I'm willing to spend money to
make it happen.

   http://ranger.befunk.com/blog/archives/000044.html

I'm offering $300 to anyone who can make a usable tracker (or make a
tracker usable) to the point I can open and edit my existing Impulse
Tracker music reliably on Linux, and preferably also on MacOSX.

If you're interested in helping out (or adding to the kitty! =) please
feel free to let me know.