[TriLUG] Avoid Jaton AGP107

Mike M linux-support at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 5 19:45:20 EST 2003

The low-end Jaton AGP107 video card (which is based on the Trident 9880 aka
Blade 3D) should be avoided.  They have been available locally and appeal to
cheapskates like myself.  I've been having intermittent system lockups  quite
possibly because of this video card.

After shopping my trouble around to several lists I went to XFree86 and asked
if the Trident 9880 chip is a joke and got this reply:

On Wednesday 05 February 2003 15:10, Eric Sprague wrote:

> Yes, the Blade3d is a joke. You ought to be able to
> get an ATi Rage 128-based card for nickels these days.

Maybe this post help some poor Googler in the future.
--
Mike M.