[TriLUG] Recording Eric Raymond's Talk(s)

Mike Broome mbroome at employees.org
Fri Feb 7 15:06:37 EST 2003

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 02:45:11PM -0500, Chris Hedemark wrote:
> If you want to do this, and had three or more cameras, it would be best
> if two of the camera operators had tripods and shot continuously
> without zooming in and out.  One could have a tighter zoom on ESR's
> face, the other a somewhat wider angle shot, and the third, fourth (and
> so on) cameras could be a little more dynamic in what they are shooting
> (audience shots, for example, make for a nice break periodically).

The part about two cameras on tripods shooting (and your follow-up about
a podium mic) seems to assume that ESR is speaking at a podium and
more-or-less staying in one place.  I don't know what kind a speaker he
is, but some folks like to wander around when they talk.  The folks with
the cameras would then have to track him.  Eiher way, a tripod would
definitely be a win in terms of stability of the shot.

IIRC, when Eben Moglen spoke a NCSSM, there was a wireless mic.  As long
as ESR is mic'd, hopefully someone with a camera or audio gear can hook
into the sound board to get a clear audio stream.  If there's a Q&A,
will there be a mic to pass around to the audience?

M.

--
Mike Broome
mbroome(at)employees.org