[TriLUG] Recording Eric Raymond's Talk(s)

Jeff Jackowski jeffj1 at hiwaay.net
Fri Feb 7 16:31:07 EST 2003

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, Chris Hedemark wrote:

>On Friday, February 7, 2003, at 09:32 AM, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
>
>> Well, I was planning on bringing my miniDV camera.  It's really good
>> at video, but it could definitely use a better microphone. :-/
>>
>> Apparently someone from NCSA is bringing a camera too.  So, between
>> him, Jeff and I, that'll be 3 different cameras.
>
>I'm not sure if it is going to be 2 weeks or 2 months, but I plan on
>upgrading to Final Cut Pro soon on my TiBook.

Hmmm. Using closed source to edit the video of a talk on open source. But
then, we can't put it on DVD without closed source. Bother.

> I could then send the
>finished product back down there to anyone with DVD-burning gear in
>MiniDV format (easy to suck into DVD authoring software).  Additionally
>it could be made into MPEG's for inclusion on http://trilug.org (and
>the other sponsoring orgs if they want it)

I was thinking I'd end up doing that, and I'd be happy to. Since Stallman
and Perens aren't showing up, I was wondering if I would be doing the
enditing, but that's just less work for me  :-)

--
Jeff Jackowski
        http://ro.com/~jeffj/