[TriLUG] Recording Eric Raymond's Talk(s)

Jeff Jackowski jeffj1 at hiwaay.net
Fri Feb 7 18:00:18 EST 2003

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, John Franklin wrote:

>On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 10:00:17AM -0500, Lisa C. Boyd wrote:
>> Tanner Lovelace wrote:
>> >Apparently someone from NCSA is bringing a camera too.  So, between
>> >him, Jeff and I, that'll be 3 different cameras.
>
>Can anyone recommend a good miniDV camera?

If you're going for the high-end stuff, last I checked Canon was better
with image stabalization and producing progressive scan video, and Sony
was better with lower light and producing sharp images.

As far as cheaper stuff goes, I'm happy with my Canon Optura Pi. There is
a newer one to replace it from Canon, but they switched from optical to
digital image stabilization. BTW: high CCD resolutions are usually used to
support digital image stabilization rather than provide a sharp image.

--
Jeff Jackowski
        http://ro.com/~jeffj/