[TriLUG] system trashed - trying to recover

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Fri Feb 7 20:32:57 EST 2003

i've had two situations similar to this in recent months, and knoppix saved me
both times.  assuming the disks and partitions are more or less intact, you
should be able to boot knoppix, mount the partitions you want to copy, and
transfer the data to another machine via ethernet (i found it much easier to
use scp to do the transfer rather than nfs).

good luck, let me know if you need any help.

jason