[TriLUG] solaris 9

Geoff Purdy geoff.purdy at verizon.net
Sat Feb 8 09:04:03 EST 2003

> Dont know if anyone is interested or not, and you may already know.
> Sun Solaris 9 for the x86 platform is available for free download from
their site.

Thanks for the tip.   Is this a special program with a special link?  It
looks to me like Solaris 9/x86 is still $20.

I know that Solaris 9/SPARC (single CPU version) is available for free
download.

I'm following the link you sent to here:
http://wwws.sun.com/software/solaris/binaries/get.html

"Solaris 9 12/02 OE Downloads
Solaris 9 Operating Environment, SPARC Platform Edition - FREE
Solaris 9 Operating Environment, x86 Platform Edition - $20 US** "