[TriLUG] quasar accounting software

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Sat Feb 8 17:14:46 EST 2003

On Sat, 8 Feb 2003, Jason Tower wrote:

> it probably is some sort of minor problem with the spec file (apparently
> the package installs fine on rh72 and 73, just not 8).  but my main
> question is why does it install properly using the GUI tool and not with
> 'rpm -ivh' ?  99 times out of 100 it's the GUI frontend that fails while
> the CLI equivalent works.  i'm not sufficiently curious to spend hours
> researching this issue, i just hoped that someone knew the answer from
> previous experience.

Maybe the same errors *are* occuring with the gui tool (gnorpm ?) but
you're just not seeing them, because they're printing to stdout?

Or are you saying that the program works better after installation
depending on how you installed?  Check to be sure you've controlled for
all the variables -- did you completely uninstall, and verify that
everything was uninstalled properly, before trying the other method?
Maybe the spec is messed up such that installing the software *twice*
fixes it.

--Jeremy