[TriLUG] disk data destruction

ALFRED JOHNSON alfjon at mindspring.com
Sat Feb 8 02:19:35 EST 2003

I don't know whether there is a Linux program that will do this trick,
but I would strongly recommend that you find a piece of software which
will write "1's" or "0's" over the entire disk.
I used to have a Windows program (non-Microsoft) which would do this.
Sorry I don't recall the name, but if you do that you should
effectively destroy anything that's on the disk, without destroying the
hard drive itself. As best as I can remember it was a piece of Macafee
software which competed with Norton's collection of disk utilities. It
was also faster than Norton as well.----Al  Johnson