[TriLUG] Email-Relay w/ AV and Anti Spam...which one to choose?

Brandon L. Newport bnewport at appws.com
Wed Feb 12 00:31:42 EST 2003

Ok guys, first of all I am not trying to start a flamer ware (even though we
haven't have a good one in a while).  If I was looking to setup an
email-relay that did Ant spamming and Antivirus what products would I use
and why?  This may be a good topic for a meeting (setup, test, benchmark)
hint hint to someone :)

Here are the products I know of for Email

Sendmail
Qmail
Postfix
Exim

Anti-spamming
Spamassassin

Anti-virus
Not sure

I guess what have you guys used and what is your experience with what you
have used?  Have you used more than one combination and decided against it,
why?

Thanks,

-brandon