[TriLUG] RedHat achieves Defense Dept. Certification!

Sinner from the Prairy sinner at escomposlinux.org
Wed Feb 12 09:02:07 EST 2003

On Tuesday 11 February 2003 09:42 pm, Frank Hale wrote:
> But Lets get real. I've been
> in the US ARMY

I read the article and says that US Air Force is in it. Last time I checked,
US Army has no fixed wing aricraft. So maybe, just maybe, they are...
different. Mmmm.

If they have an invisible aircraft, why they cannot use Linux or have a more
flexible approach to deploying systems?

Maybe the USAF partnered with RedHat because they are planning to get a
RedHat-powered USAF but first they needed a DoD-certified system.

Mmmm.

Salut,
Sinner
--
http://www.ibiblio.org/sinner/     Linux User # 89976
Running on Mandrake Linux 9.0 - Kernel  2.4.19smp  Linux Machine # 38068