[TriLUG] Okey, here's my BIO

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Thu Feb 13 10:44:06 EST 2003

Last week, Jeremy asked those of us that have been nominated to post a bio.
So here goes.

I'm an M$ convert. I work in a non-linux friendly environment. I have been
an advocate for a few years for Linux as an alternative OS for desktop and
server.

I primarily do system integration of Linux (and other Unicies) into a
Windows environment. I also am interested in Network integration and
security, and the mobility of Linux, primarily as a laptop OS. I currently
have 4 different laptops running various flavors/versions of Unix/Linux.

I believe I bring in a fresh new way of looking at Linux not as an "anti-M$"
person, but an advocate to show that not only can we survive in the Linux
environment, but I like to show the advantages of Linux, and why it is most
likey the OS of choice for most installations.