[TriLUG] imap question -- folder deletion

H Brett Bolen brettb at trilug.org
Mon Feb 24 10:04:13 EST 2003

I'm using mozilla 1.2 to read my trilug mail.  I've created a folder,
and now I want to get rid of it.

Mozilla won't let me do it ( 'Trash Already Exists'), so
i sshed into trilug, and deleted the folder with pine.  Pine
no longer sees the old folder.

Mozilla still sees it.

I deleted the account with mozilla, and re added it.  Mozilla still
sees the old folder.

I deleted the account again, and then went into the mozilla
file structure and found there were still old filenames
with the bad folder's name in it:

   file:       MythTV.msf ( imap folder name MythTV )

   directory : ~/mozilla-brettb/brettb/gmzfbpjq.slt/ImapMail/trilug.org

After deleting the account, I got rid of the trilug.org directory,
and then re added the trilug.org imap account.  guess what?
Mozill still sees the old folder.

Pine doesn't see the folder.

I cannot find 'mythtv' anywhere else in mozilla filenames for files.

has anybody else ran into this?  use imap/ create a folder/ then
try to delete it.