[TriLUG] Installfest hardware planning

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Mon Feb 24 20:38:45 EST 2003

as it turns out, i'm planning on doing all of the above, er, below.  i'll
pre-burn several sets of red hat CDs and bring them with me, all proceeds
will go to the trilug coffers.  and i'll make a handful of kickstart floppys
preconfigured to perform an automatic nfs install from my server.  however,
since most PCs will need manual intervention for disk partitioning,
passwords, networking, package selection, and X configuration, i don't think
kickstart will help overly much.  but it's always neat to see a 100%
hands-off installation!

if anyone would like to donate blank CDs to trilug, we certainly can use them.
please bring them to the installfest or any other trilug function and they
will be put to good use.

jason