[TriLUG] eth0 flaky problem

David A. Cafaro dac at cafaro.net
Wed Feb 26 15:39:05 EST 2003

Things to try (since it's a pcmcia nic):

service pcmcia restart (restart pcmcia network card)
cardctl status 0-1 (status of slot 0 or 1)
cardctl eject/insert/reset 0-1

I know on my system I have the worst time getting pcmcia network cards
to start correctly at boot time.  Something to do with network services
coming up before pcmcia services, so no network interface, and pcmcia
services network cards needing network services up before starting
pcmcia.  It may also be added to by the fact I'm dealing with a wireless
nic on mine.  Maybe the above commands will help find some info.

-David